Right now, looking after ourselves is more important than ever.
‘My Health Matters’ is a new campaign that aims to bring together tools, tips and resources that can help people across mid and south Essex to take care of themselves and support their health and wellbeing.
Everyone’s health is unique to them, as are the things that will help improve their wellbeing. There is no right or wrong way, it is simply about finding what is best for you to help you take control of your health.
We hope to use real-life examples of people in local communities across mid and south Essex taking control of their health and wellbeing in different ways.
We’re interested in ways people are connecting with their local areas, or certain tools or resources they are utilising to support their wellbeing. By doing this, we hope to inspire and empower many others to do the same.
Get involved and tell us how you are staying healthy by using #MyHealthMattersMSE on social.
You can visit the campaign website here for more information about My Health Matters and how to get involved.
The ‘My Health Matters’ digital booklet provides an overview of national and local tools and resources available to support people to live well. It can easily be downloaded and stored on computers and smartphones for quick access or alternatively printed if that’s preferred.
The guide provides information and ideas about what’s available to help people to look after themselves and those they care for.
• Making the most out of digital apps and tools to easily access trusted information and advice from home
• Keeping active for better health – with information on local and national resources that can help you to stay physically fit
• Looking after your mental health – utilising local and national services such as talking therapies
• Support in the local community – including treating minor health conditions and practical and emotional support from specialist professionals such as social prescribers
• Local offers across mid and south Essex to help keep people well.
Please note, the booklet is not intended to be exhaustive, and if you think we may have missed information that may be useful, please get in touch at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We hope to provide more information about local resources and assets through local people stories. To find out more about this, please take a look at our ‘local people stories’ and ‘getting involved’ sections here.
If you need an alternative version of this leaflet (e.g. a translated or large print version), please email: email@example.com.
Click here to download My Health Matters guide.