Weekend and bank holiday GP appointments are now available in Southend. Patients registered with a Southend GP practice can use this service, with appointments available from Southend Medical Centre and North Shoebury Surgery.
The service will offer access to a GP between 10am and 3pm and a nurse between 10am and 2pm, every Saturday, Sunday and bank holiday. Appointments need to be pre-booked, but they can be booked on the same day.
You can book appointments by:
- Contacting your own GP practice during their regular hours and booking an appointment for the weekend hub
- Phoning the hubs on a Saturday, Sunday or bank holiday
- Southend Medical Centre: 01702 333298
- North Shoebury Surgery: 01702 297976
- Calling 111 during the out-of-hours period (6pm to 8am Monday to Friday and all day weekends)
The service is being delivered by a local GP federation, GP Heathcare Alliance, who has successfully run the weekend GP service across Castle Point and Rochford area, for the past two years. The service has been commissioned by Southend Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG), as part of plans to provide access to GP services 7 days a week, to everyone living in the locality.